The size of the lie is a definite factor in causing it to be believed, for the vast masses of a nation are in the depths of their hearts more easily deceived than they are consciously and intentionally bad. The primitive simplicity of their minds renders them a more easy prey to a big lie than a small one, for they themselves often tell little lies, but would be ashamed to tell big lies. (from Mein Kampf)His current string of speeches across the fruited plan are based on one basic premise: he believes the American people are fundamentally stupid. The recession was caused by Bush's "tax cuts for the rich." The recession was a Republican party creation. The recession is now over. Massive spending bills have ended the recession. No one will have medical care if the government doesn't manage it. The cheering, clapping throng of loons demonstrates that he is right about a certain segment of the population. Our future depends on the zombies being a minority and opinion polls are showing good news on that front.
Here are a few inconvenient truths for Barry Vladimir Hussein Soetero Obama:
- Bush also inherited a recession and had to deal with the 9/11 attacks which devastated the economy further. He called for tax cuts which brought on 4+ years of unabated economic growth.
- The Bush tax cuts were for ALL tax payers, not just the wealthy. This is where Obama and the Leftists depend on your inability to do math. Ten percent of $50,000 if less than ten percent of $200,000. Both taxpayers get the same percentage cut, but the one who pays more gets more back. That is true economic justice.
- The "last eight years of Republican control" is dishonest. The GOP held the executive and legislative branches for four of those years. For two, the Congress was split and for two the Democrats held the majority. In fact, the last two years (2007-2008) when the economic downturn began happened under a Democrat Congress in which Obama was a member.
- Democrats never seriously opposed massive spending bills during the Bush years. The Democrat argument was always that NOT ENOUGH was being spent and that taxes should be raised. If the Leftists had mounted any sort of opposition to reckless spending they could take the high ground. Instead, they are complicit.
- President Bush and Republicans DID try to reform health care to cut costs. Whenever they tried to fix problems with Medicare, Democrats accused them of trying to kill old people. They tried to fix the problem of runaway lawsuits, but Democrats opposed caps because they are in the hip pocket of the trial lawyer lobby. They tried to open up the market for small business to participate in insurance pools to lower costs, but Democrats fought them. The only "reform" Democrats favor is a government take over.
- Republicans tried to investigate and fix the corruption and mismanagement of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. It was Republicans who called for greater oversight and regulation of those reckless institutions. Barney Frank can lie all he wants about the recent history of the financial markets, but he led the fight AGAINST greater regulation of the mortgage insurers. Some Democrats accused the investigators of racism. Meanwhile, Fannie and Freddie were hurtling toward insolvency while Democrat insider Franklin Raines was pocketing over $90 million as its CEO over three years.
- Don't try to paint Bush as a fiscal conservative. He was not. He was right to cut taxes, but wrong to expand government spending. Of course, the Democrats were right there voting for the spending. Conservatives increasingly criticized this so-called "compassionate conservatism" which is simply Liberalism Lite. When you say "their failed ideas", you are really talking about incremental socialism. Conservative ideas have nothing to do with any brand of socialism. We favor liberty and freedom, not government enslavement.
- Obama voted for every spending bill, except for a couple intended to defend our country. When Obama says "fiscal responsibility", he means HIGHER TAXES.
- Obama is now claiming there was "not a single earmark" in his "stimulus" package. Note the careful use of language. There was not a "single" earmark; there were thousands!
No doubt, there is a slice of America that is too ignorant to process the lies and distortions of ObamAlinsky and his Brownshirts. However, we deserve better. There is a reason he lies. There is a reason he ran to the right of John McCain, who is one of those foolish Republicans who simply wants to slow an inevitable march to socialism. Real Americans reject this notion. Socialism and enslavement by the government is not inevitable. We are citizens not subjects.