Monday, May 18, 2009

Congrats to Roy Clark, Country Music Hall of Famer!


Congratulations to Roy Clark, Barbara Mandrell, and Charlie McCoy for last night's induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame. All are very deserving.

In particular, I was happy to see Roy Clark's induction. As a young'un I loved watching Hee-Haw every Saturday night. In fact, I had a Hee-Haw lunchbox and matching thermos bottle in 2nd grade.



Much later, I had the opportunity to interview Mr. Clark in 1987 when he performed for a convention on the Virginia Tech campus. I was working for a small radio station and he invited me backstage after the show for a lengthy discussion. He was very friendly and accessible. What an incredible talent and person!


Roy Clark performing at the Tennessee State Prison in Nashville.

No comments:

Post a Comment