Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mike Church is Worth the Price of SIRIUS


I've been a SIRIUS satellite radio subscriber for about two years. I love being able to quickly shuttle from "Outlaw Country" to "Soul Town" to "Blue Collar Comedy" to "the 70's on 7." However, I still got my talk radio from terrestrial stations with a steady diet of Neal Boortz and Rush Limbaugh with some Sean Hannity and Mark Levin sprinkled in. However, a few months ago I finally gave SIRIUS Patriot a shot and I have found a new favorite: Mike Church. Now, Church is not yet a part of the daily routine as he is on from 9:00am to noon, but the several times I have gotten to listen to his program has been enough to put him at the top of the list. When school is out this summer its going to be a tough call between Boortz and Church, but I think the "King Dude", as he calls himself, may trump the Talkmaster.


Why Mike Church? Simple, he gets it. Talk radio has some great conservative voices. Sometimes I think the libertarian hosts slip into libertine ideas on certain issues. Despite the criticism some receive, most of the conservatives do put principles ahead of the Republican party. However, none do that with a greater sense of history and the core principles of American than Mike Church. The host and the show are smart, funny, irreverent and thought-provoking. His song parodies may someday challenge Paul Shanklin. Be sure to check the link to his "Mr. Jefferson" above. If you are a SIRIUS/XM subscriber check out Patriot--if you aren't check out the Mike Church website or subscribe to SIRIUS for pete's sake!






1 comment:

  1. Ditto! I've been a Sirius subscriber for five years. I'd be lost without it...

    ReplyDelete